Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No Tax Payer Funding for Abortion Act

Have you heard about this “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act”? http://ping.fm/fqWky

If anyone can point me to the full text of this Act, please send it to me. I would like to read it. Given everything I've read second hand, I think there are far too many confusing ethics and government financial obligation.

I normally don't agree with Republicans, but they do kinda have a point. Abortion is frequently used as mere birth control and when a woman (usually one who could easily pay for it herself) has an unwanted pregnancy, she will claim rape even though it was a consentual act with inconvenient consequences.

I agree that abortion for victims of forced rape, incest, and to protect the life of the mother should be federally funded; but not those who got too drunk at a party and ended up having bad sloppy sex. Sorry, you made the choice to put yourself in a situation where you would end up without your normal ability to control yourself around untrustworthy people. No one FORCED you to go to that Fraternity party.

Deal with the consequences.

No comments: