Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Binaural Brain Entraining Software... VR drugs?

Saturday February 24, 2007 - 09:51pm

Binaural Brain Entraining Software... VR drugs? magnify

Right so I was chatting with my sister the other day and she stumbled across this program called I-Doser that simulates different drugs or mood states using Binaural Brainwave Entraining. She said she'd been playing with it for awhile and got a few of them to work. I did a little research and found another, more versitle program called BrainWave Generator and pointed it in her direction. Since then she's been glued to her computer virtually "tripping".

Now, I'm open minded and all, but I'm also HIGHLY skeptical of anything and everything unless I can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. So I loaded it up and played with a binaural program designed to simulate LSD, though I don't really have a basis of comparison to the real thing, and let it play through my headphones with the program's visualization turned on. I got myself into a nice, comfortable lotus posistion and started meditating in front of my computer after the kids had gone to bed. Five minutes into it I damn near had a heart attack when my cell phone went off! Now I'm not saying it worked, just that I was really zoned into it at the time and was quite startled by the sudden playing of "Afroman - Because I got High".

It took me a few minutes to get my head straight after answering the phone, while the callers' on the other end of the line laughed, and I felt distinctly "odd". Again, I'm not saying it worked per say, but it did something other than make me feel stupid. Regardless, I decided to try it a few more times for the sake of proving or disproving whether or not it worked or could be put to a useful end.

So my next experiment was to load the "Learn Aid: Subliminal" preset on BWG while playing my "Subliminal Japanese" CD. I don't know if it worked. It doesn't seem to have made a difference in my Japanese vocabulary, but I've always been one who studies really hard on something and then forgets it completely for around a week and then has total recall of the subject. Memory is weird...

[Poll copied from original blog, non-functioning here]
Have you ever tried any of this Binaural stuff?
  • 1 vote for: Yes, it works great!
  • 0 votes for: Yes, it doesn't work. Big hoax, steer clear of it.
  • 2 votes for: Uh... No.

No comments: