Thursday, January 3, 2008

Waiting for the next new moon.

Saturday November 24, 2007

Waiting for the next new moon.

Well, the growing season is coming to a close and my Yule tree has been decorated. My Luffa gourds did well.



Samhain was a bit uneventful this year. There was no great feast with friends and family, just a corned beef and a few side dishes. The kids dressed up and went door-to-door with Azalia begging treats.



All in all, relatively sedate. We've all been busy here in our household, hence my absence from the virtual world. Don't fret though, I've ignored the real world too.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out why my body keeps deciding to go haywire. I went to the emergency room last month because my body simply decided to go on strike. I stood up and paid the bill at the register. I had to correct the waitress on the amount of the bill, she hadn't added the correct amount of tax, and walked back to the table. I began to speak to my wife and... ended up catching myself on a support beam as my body tried to lose conciousness.

There's more to that story but the short of it is, I ended up with a couple of days in the hospital in the cardiac ward and they never found out(or at least they didn't tell me) what the hell happened. Since then I've had frequent dizzy spells, light-headedness, fainting spells, headaches and occasional bouts of confusion where I just can't seem to think. Fun fun...

Anywho, I'll be planting my seeds(which were free from Winter Sown Educational.Org) come the next new moon. I'd been reading something regarding moon phases and planting, so I'll give it a shot. I believe the theory is to plant fruiting vegetables when the moon's gravitational forces will be increasing and planting root vegetables when the moon's gravitational forces will be lessening. A kind of plant high tide/low tide thing. *shrugs* If it works, great. If not, I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference anyways.

No comments: