Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Yay! I can start gardening!

Wednesday March 7, 2007 - 04:45pm

Yay! I can start gardening!

Yay! I got to play in the dirt today! We planted three lilac bushes, two purple(Syringa Vulgaris) and one yellow(Syringa Vulgaris Primrose), right next to our east facing bedroom windows. I wasn't satisfied with just that much gardening, so I went through and started digging up the chives that are scattered about our yard for transplanting into our garden this year.

I wondered why our lawn always smelled like onions after it was mown, my wife and daughter found out last year by picking some chives out of the lawn for me to use in cooking. They were good... if you ate around the twigs and pieces of crabgrass. My blessed spouse and children, how hard they do try to please. I'd like to try transplanting all of the patches I find this year. I like chives. They taste good and have pretty purple flowers, at least some of them do.

And now, it's time for "Fun With Blog Games"!


What would the album tracks be if your life was a movie?


1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool... and a lot of the songs fit with the setting

  • Opening Credits: Alice Cooper - Go to Hell
  • Waking Up: Arthur's Really Rockin' Music Mix - DW's Brass in Pocket
  • First Day of School: Dance Dance Revolutions - Operator
  • Falling in Love: PBSkids - Arthur Theme Song
  • Fight Song: Alice Cooper - Department of Youth
  • Breaking up: Sesame Street Platinum - Sing
  • Prom: StrongBad - Techno
  • Life: Sun Tzu - The Art of War Book on CD
  • Mental Breakdown: Ozzy Osbourne - My Jekyll Doesn't Hide
  • Driving: Alice Cooper - He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)
  • Flashback: Hootie And The Blowfish - Closing Time
  • Getting back together: Rob Zombie - Sinners INC.
  • Wedding: System of a Down - Prison Song
  • Birth of Child: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - After The Fall
  • Final Battle: t.A.T.u. - Gomenasai
  • Death Scene: Alice Cooper - Poison
  • Funeral Song: Rob Zombie - Super Charger Heaven
  • End Credits: Rob Zombie - The Beginning of the End

I'm not sure how accurate that was, but it did amuse me. A few were appropriate, though I'll let your imagination run wild as to which ones...

No comments: