Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Doing Tai Chi to Ozzy Osbourne's "Mr. Crowley", ouch...

Friday March 9, 2007 - 04:22pm
Doing Tai Chi to Ozzy Osbourne's "Mr. Crowley", ouch...

You know, I really didn't know Tai Chi was that demanding on the body. I've been trying to do some type of cardiovascular exercises, like riding a stationary bicycle or jogging, to reduce my weight for awhile now. I took up Tai Chi again as a meditative basis or foundation to help me become a bit more... balanced, I think that would be the proper word.

However it looks like I've seized the proverbial bull by the horns. Tai Chi can make you toned and can really get the heart pumping! Talk about a work-out, I damn near couldn't walk straight today after finding my proper breathing pattern within the Tai Chi movements. That "pulling the bow" exercise can really make your legs and hips ache if you're not used to squatting in that fashion.

Getting back to the balance thing, most of my current study in metaphysics has been Quabbalistic in nature. It's been study, not practice for the most part. Exceptions to this always include Tarot, a wonderful tool in all things. "Tool," I said mind you, "tool". I do understand divination practices based on this tool, but they can be explained with known science and commonly held metaphysical laws.

I would like to backhand the great many people who tarnish the reputation of this great tool, and study aid, by using it for cheap parlor tricks or claiming it's all "divine" inspiration in a strictly deitific(of or pertaining to a god or goddess) sense. Any tarot reader who tells you he/she reads his/her deck based on what the cards mean to him/her is full of crap.

Tarot is about archetypes and symbolism. Read Carl Gustav Jung's work on Archetypes and The Collective Unconscious and then re-approach the Tarot. Aleister Crowley seemed to understand this. As far as tarot readers at psychic fairs who've been studying tarot for oh so many years and thus know what they are talking about when they say they "feel" the card means something: Tote that banner somewhere else, I've moved on.

... Sorry, that was a bit angry wasn't it? *shrugs* Oh well, forgive my outburst then.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." - Mahatma Gandhi

And now something completely different!

What Fictional Vampire Archetype are You?












You are the Final Lover. Romantic, honey-tongued romeo, you are the master of love's last kiss. You woo the young ladies, pluck them from light's caress and give them a smile as they sink into death.

Take this quiz!



Quizilla | Join | Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

No comments: