Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dude, where's my Garlic?

Monday April 2, 2007 - 11:53pm

Dude, where's my Garlic?

Well, I spoke with Burpee over the weekend as to where the hell my garlic is and when to expect my live plants. The live plants are still going to be held off until the beginning of May, even though it's been in the 80 to 90 degree range for the past month.

They were nice enough to send me conformation of shipping on a package via UPS in my email. Of course they didn't say what it was, just that it was shipped today and is expected to be here on the 4th. Maybe my garlic? Wouldn't that be nice!

Azalia and I dug, cleaned, dried and ground a whole bunch of the wild garlic(at least that's what ShAkEs tells me they probably are). It has a rather potent smell once ground, but is very pleasing while it is being dried in my dehydrator. Mmmm... Garlic. The vampire population in my area will avoid my house for quite some time.

I used a bit of this new garlic powder in our Sunday dinner after we finished the visiting Azalia convinced me to do. I met two of Azalia's old high school friends and one of their mother's. Nice people, though I did get ragged on a bit for my very carefully cultivated accent.

I have a very obvious Michigan "non-accent" with an occasional Canadian "Eh?" If that's not amusing enough, get me either drunk or passionate(angry, lusty, over-joyed, etc.) and I slip into my Scottish Brogue. Now, technically I am Scottish, but I don't really have a basis for the accent since I've no one from my childhood who actually spoke with a Scottish Brogue. It's few and far between when it happens, only a few people have ever actually heard it and I can't slip into it consciously. I wish I could, I can't roll my "R" worth shit when I use my stage voice.

Anyways, yeah... I did stuff in the real world this weekend and ended up ignoring my computer for the most part.

No comments: